MORNING REPORT: The headline index was little changed in early deals today, as a strong performance from the mining community offset weakness in banks and a slump in cruise ship operator ...
Telecoms giant Vodafone reported group revenue down 4.2% to £44.4bn in the year to end-March, with full year organic service revenue off 1.9%, down 4.2% in Q4. EBITDA was down 3.1% at £13.3bn. ...
Other Featured Stories
A brief summary of Tuesday's main business headlines... Extensive coverage of Apple tax avoidance, oil price fixing, FirstGroup crash, ENRC
Apple accused of avoiding billions...
Cruise ship operator Carnival has updated its earnings guidance for the second half of 2013, primarily due to lower net revenue yield expectations.
Current cruise ticket pricing for the company has driven...
Convenience food producer Greencore Group reported revenue of £572.9m, up 0.9%, for the half-year to end-March. Operating profit was up 6.3% to £33.7m.
Convenience Foods revenue of £542.1m, up 1.8%;
- London surge sends UK house prices higher
- UK factory gate prices down month-on-month
- Lower transport costs drive CPI lower
- Abbey Protection to return £5m to shareholders
- FLASH: UK house prices rose 2.7% in the year to March, says ONS
- FLASH: Factory gate prices rose 1.1% in the year to April
- FLASH: CPI grew 2.4% in the year to April, down from 2.8% in March
- HomeServe adjusted pre-tax profits fall
- Fusionex earnings up 14%
- Enova operating losses narrow
- Chamberlin underlying operating profits slip
- Livermore Investments NAV up 52.6%
- FLASH: JZ Capital Partners posts record total return
- Big Yellow adjusted pre-tax profits up 8%
- Broker News & Views
- Brokers' round-up, buy Royal Bank of Scotland and Kier Group
- FLASH: Investec retains buy on e2v technologies, target raised from 200p to 210p
- FLASH: Investec cuts Lamprell to sell from hold, target raised from 90p to 145p
- FLASH: Investec reiterates hold on Lonmin, target cut from 366p to 279p
- FLASH: Investec reiterates buy on Cranswick, target raised from 1180p to 1190p
- FLASH: Investec lifts United Drug to reduce from sell, target raised from 240p to 320p
- Marks and Spencer announces largest fall in profits in four years as clothing sales slump source: The Independent
- Torvill and Dean 'Next year's Dancing on Ice will be our last' source: The Daily Express
- Business news and markets: live source: The Telegraph
- Nick Buckles quits as boss of G4S source: The Telegraph
- MARKET REPORT: Fiji gold miner glitters again after Chinese firm takes 20% stake in Vatukoula source: The Daily Mail
- 'We're all so happy' Wayne and Coleen Rooney welcome second baby boy into the world source: The Daily Express
- 'We're all so happy' Wayne and Coleen Ronney welcome second baby boy into the world source: The Daily Express